2013-2014 Class Offerings
2013-2014 COMPASS Calendar
COMPASS Weekly - Student Blog
Current School Year Calendar
Teacher Leadership Planning
LM Online Payments Portal
PPEL Renewal 2014
Linn-Mar's first hires under Teacher Leader Plan announced
SUCCESS Center spices things up!
LIONS Award & Volunteer Award Recipients Honored
Find out more about what's happening at Linn-Mar!
Linn-Mar Diversity Fair
Linn-Mar Aquatic Center - New Programs Offered
Novak's Summer Camp Scholarship Contest
The 2014 Linn-Mar Growl Prowl
Linn-Mar's Athletic Camps & Clinics
Linn-Mar Robotics - Team Advances to World Championship!
LMHS Winter Athletic Achievements Announced
LMHS Students named to show at Ceramics Exhibition
Read All News Stories
COMPASS Center - Main Page
<- See left panel for additional pages for COMPASS Center
COMPASS Staff Directory | Event Calendar
***Bring in your Cedar Rapids/Marion Hy-Vee and Hy-Vee Drugstore receipts for the Cash 4 Students program. For every $200 in receipts we collect Hy-Vee will donate $1 to COMPASS!
COMPASS Alternative Center
2999 North 10th Street
Marion, IA 52302
COMPASS is a voluntary high school program designed to provide an alternative education for students in grades 9-12 in the Linn-Mar and Marion Independent School Districts. Students attending COMPASS earn credit toward their resident high school diploma. COMPASS meets the unique needs of students by providing individualized graduation plans, a modified schedule, small student-teacher ratio, relevant curriculum, and community involvement. Our goal is to provide academic and social/emotional support so that every student will achieve academic and personal success.
Classes at COMPASS follow an 85 minute block schedule Monday through Thursday. Fridays offer students an opportunity to take additional classes. Classes at COMPASS are delivered in a teacher led, electronic-based and independent study format.
Successful COMPASS students...
- Request a transfer to COMPASS with support of parents/guardian
- May have experiences a disruptive life event which interferes with his/her progress toward graduation
- May need an altered school day schedule which cannot be accommodated at other schools
- Have reliable transportation to and from school
- Have adults and others that support their educational success
- Are comfortable in a small learning environment
- Learn best with a low student to teacher ratio
- Respond positively to supportive relationships with adults
- Take responsibility for their education
- Have a desire to graduate from high school
- Are in good disciplinary standing at school
If you are interested in attending COMPASS, talk to your school counselor to start the intake process. Students are encouraged to start COMPASS at the beginning of an academic quarter. It may not be possible for a student starting mid-quarter to have a full schedule at COMPASS.
See links to the left for specific COMPASS information.
There are links to one or more sites on this page that are external to the Linn-Mar Community School District web site and the Linn-Mar CSD is not responsible for the content contained on these sites.
Contact COMPASS Center