2015-2016 Class Offerings
2015-2016 COMPASS Calendar
2016 State of the District
Elementary Supply List
Middle School Supply List
2016-17 School Year Calendar
Board of Education
HS Renovation Project
LM Online Payments Portal
Student Behavior/Supervision at Football Games
Linn-Mar Booster Club Sale
Welcome Back Linn-Mar!
Linn-Mar Foundation - Drive 4 UR School Event
Meet & Greets, Orientations, Parent Nights, and More
Chalk the Walk to Welcome Students and Staff to a New Year!
Used Linn-Mar Equipment Up For Auction
Message to the Linn-Mar Community
Linn-Mar Communication Notification Options
Highlights from August 15th Board Meeting
Linn-Mar Welcomes 20 New Educators
Linn Grove Student Wins Summer Writing Contest
Read All News Stories
COMPASS Center - Main Page
<- See left panel for additional pages for COMPASS Center
COMPASS Staff Directory | Event Calendar
COMPASS Alternative Center
2999 North 10th Street
Marion, IA 52302
COMPASS is a voluntary high school program designed to provide an alternative education for students in grades 9-12 in the Linn-Mar and Marion Independent School Districts. Students attending COMPASS earn credit toward their resident high school diploma. COMPASS meets the unique needs of students by providing individualized graduation plans, a modified schedule, small student-teacher ratio, relevant curriculum, and community involvement. Our goal is to provide academic and social/emotional support so that every student will achieve academic and personal success.
Classes at COMPASS follow an 85 minute block schedule Monday through Thursday. Fridays offer students an opportunity to take additional classes. Classes at COMPASS are delivered in a teacher led, electronic-based and independent study format.
Successful COMPASS students...
- Request a transfer to COMPASS with support of parents/guardian
- May have experiences a disruptive life event which interferes with his/her progress toward graduation
- May need an altered school day schedule which cannot be accommodated at other schools
- Have reliable transportation to and from school
- Have adults and others that support their educational success
- Are comfortable in a small learning environment
- Learn best with a low student to teacher ratio
- Respond positively to supportive relationships with adults
- Take responsibility for their education
- Have a desire to graduate from high school
- Are in good disciplinary standing at school
If you are interested in attending COMPASS, talk to your school counselor to start the intake process. Students are encouraged to start COMPASS at the beginning of an academic quarter. It may not be possible for a student starting mid-quarter to have a full schedule at COMPASS.
See links to the left for specific COMPASS information.
There are links to one or more sites on this page that are external to the Linn-Mar Community School District web site and the Linn-Mar CSD is not responsible for the content contained on these sites.
Contact COMPASS Center